Saturday, May 20, 2023

TURQUOISE

 With striking sky blue to blue-green colors, turquoise has been prized by cultures all over the world.  The traditional December birthstone has gone in and out of style since humans started wearing this colorful stone.  

I started wearing turquoise and silver in my preteen years.  Then in high school,  I would save up my birthday and Christmas money to buy turquoise set in 14k gold.  I'm still wearing nugget bead necklaces I purchased in high school and college. (Of course, I've restrung them a zillion times).

(Click on the name Kingman Turquoise Mine below to visit their website)

Kingman TURQUOISE Mine




I have been following Kingman Turquoise Mine on Etsy and have purchased nuggets for several necklaces for a few years. And finally, I was able to visit his shop in Arizona to purchase loose stones.  

My daughter has a good friend, Jenny, a wonderfully talented jeweler who crafts various gems & stones, set in brass.  

I'm thrilled with the new turquoise stones that I purchased on our recent trip out West! 
The following are my drawings and the stones that I selected from Kingman Turquoise for the "One of a Kind" Necklaces that Jenny has completed.   









 Watch below as Jenny makes the necklace above.